Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Last 3 days at this desk...

Tomorrow I will know what the company has in store for me in the next one week...
I go to meet the HR person at 9.30 am along wiht other management trainees. He is gonna tell me when I will be getting into my sales stint and what I would be doing in the next 4-5 months...All he said was "Change of Plans" a la IBM ad...which takes me back to my RECT days...
The Library is like diagonally opposite the guys hostel(atleast the onew in which I stayed(Agate, Diamond and lapis)) and so you never end up visiting them. Ok thats not a good excuse but the you know the Trichy heat and the long distances makes you think why!!! I do not remember with whom I had gone that day to the library and why I had gone there. But I ended up taking a book. I forgot the excxact title of the book. it was something like the Top 10 Advertisements of the Century or something like that.
There was this series on Absolut vodka and mein fida ho gaya. Uske baad se I have been following Absolut ads. I have a personal collection of around 600+ print ads (all soft copy). They are quite unique. About that later. One ad which was pretty nice( ya there are lots of good ones tehse days) and recent was the ICICI prulife ad...The lead guy has acted well and the ad leaves a good taste in the end. It talks of retirement plans, but feels nice to see an ad which talks about it so pleasantly.
rest later!!!
keeping a promise for a friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Lao Tzu

A great change is at hand - Kennedy

The times they are a-changin - Bob Dylan

k