Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Merdeka Square outing

I was forced to go along with a friend of mine to see the Malaysian History Museum in Merdeka Square. Merdeka Square is the most historical part of KL city.

There is this flag pole which is 95 metres tall and is one of the tallest flagpoles in the world!!! Some people here told me it "is" the tallest flagpole in the world, but I am not very sure about it.
There are some beautiful buildings built by the British that make this place look really old and good.

The highlight of the afternoon was the visit to the Musuem. To be fair to the Malaysians they have a short history compared to say countries like China or India. But I dont think they are managing it properly. The musuem is small but it is shabby in organisation. There were hardly any people on a Saturday!!!

The tiled roof on the left is the Royal Selangor club. These pics are taken from inside the museum and from my 6300!

No comments: