Saturday, November 05, 2005

Excerpts from FPS

FPS(Five Point Someone) has some cute descriptions of how girls think, how guys talk or dont talk and what guys generally think about how girls talk. I thought they were as close to the truth as it can get. Here are a few examples -

Neha said, "What's wrong?"
"Who said anything was wrong?"I said.
"It is written all over your face. Now are you going to tell me or what?"
That is the thing with girls. They are like half your size or something, but if they know you like them, they boss you around. Who the hell did she think she was?

-------------------------------------------
"Come here,"she said, tapping the seat next to her in the parlour.
"Why?"
"Just come here."
Like a trained pet, I got up from the seat opposite and sat next to her; pretty girls have this power to turn Mary, making lambs out of people.
-------------------------------------------
We went to Nirula's after the movie for a meal.
"So, what is Prof Veera like, tell me," Neha said, cutting the pizza we ordered into equal-sized pieces. Girls love organizing food on a table.
-------------------------------------------
"What are you doing?"Neha pulled back.
I tried to look innocent.
"Were you trying to kiss me on the lips?"
"No."
"Hari, you know I am not into that."
Then what the hell are you into? Funny private jokes?
"Because this is wrong. This spoils everything. Because it feels wrong. You are not a girl, you wont understand."
Yes, I wanted to say, and you are not a guy, so you will not understand.
-------------------------------------------
I watched Neha's face as she applied her lipstick with the same concentration as Alok had when solving quanti problems. Girls are beautiful, lets face it, and life is quite, quite worthless without them.
-------------------------------------------
I leaned forward to hug her.
"Ouch, careful,"she said, pushing me back on the bed,"I know what you pine for."
"What?"
"My body, not me,"she said, nose up in air.What is the difference? I thought. You just cannot understand girls sometimes.
"That is not true,"I said, just guessing that it would be the right response.
-------------------------------------------
Why is it hard to explain stuff to girls. Cant she just get on with it? Should I say something dumb that she wants to hear.
"Neha, I know I did all those things. but at one level, it wasnt me. It wasnt your Hari,"I said. Obviously, I made no sense. But that is the thing with girls. Give them confusing crap and they fall for it.
-------------------------------------------
"Hari?"
"What?"
"I missed you too." She broke into tears.I wish I could cry too. But her words made me too happy. I mentally hi-fived myself and tried to control my elation. Keep serious tone, I told myself."Oh Neha, dont cry,"I said, probably to make her cry a bit more. I cant tell you how good it feels when a girl cries because she missed you.
-------------------------------------------
FPS also has some decent coversations between guys, like this one between Ryan and Hari...
"So you guys serious?"
"Serious about what?"
"I dont know; like you love her and everything?"
"I dont know."I said.
That is how men talk about their relationships. Nobody knows anything - neither the questioner nor the answerer.
-------------------------------------------
If there is one thing men completely lack, it is the ability to communicate during tough moments.
-------------------------------------------

Though overall the book is just ok types, the engineering college funda is quite genuine. One of my friend thinks that it is not fair that a topper is trying to write about a life of some mediocre students (yup like us) in an engg college. Fyi, Chetan Bhagat is an IIT Delhi-IIM Ahmedabad combo and was last working as an I Banker in Honk Kong.

~Sujith

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, most of it is quite true.. but its not like any faff you give will work with them.. on the whole waiting to read the book soon

Aslan said...

as u said, book is just ok types. doesn't sound realistic. quite expected that ur impressed with the gal stuff hehe ;) btw, frequent blogging these days, eh? kewl. life gotten chiller now that ur in b'lore?!

Anonymous said...

but then finally everyone puts it as 'ok-types'!

yea its not a literary gem of an item ... but still its so funny ... and real ... as in the usual-real real !

so did u read ON@TCC ... just a bit written-to-sell stuff ... but good ... almost as funny and then a bit of fantasy and stuff !

-pp, tvm

Sujith said...

ya I read ON@TCC but thought it was pretty sad. Man thats like many levels below FPS. towards teh end it picked up and lost it again types...But if this is the way that guy is going to write, I dont see a future for him in this

Sujith said...

this was awesome man! i also like FPS very much. btw i finished ON@TCC yesterday.

silverine said...

Came here via a link by Thanu at Geo's post.

He has highlighted the same points with his take on each. And eyeopener to the fact that guys will never understand girls :))

Geo said...

amazing coincidence...

or is it?
:_)