Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sikkim - A Paradise

I have not been to Kashmir and I think when it comes to natural beauty and tourist-friendliness, there is nothing like Sikkim.

We did this trip when we were in our 2nd yr MBA. 4 of us, 3 days and a lot of fun. Well I have to admit that, in the entire trip we were not at all sober!!! So one of my sober friends had the pictures with him and after I think 2 years he has found time to scan and send us. I thought my next post shud be about that trip. Thanks Haldea for the pics. I am sure Dixit, Kamath & Haldea wont forget this trip that easily as well.


Never thought we could do so much in 3 days, took trains and jeeps to travel. Stayed in Gangtok for a day and then Pelling for 2 days. We met some local kids, visited a monastery, had chiang (the local drink that hits you 1 hour after consumption) from a local wooden shop (coz all i cud see was wood, wherever I look), had momos in plenty, went to the most happening and maybe only pub in Gangtok, met up with our XLRI friends there, went to a place called Pelling, one of the most beautiful place I have ever been (maybe switzerland is better), saw waterfalls and beautiful snow covered mountains, visited tsango lake (which freezes in winter), had the most delicious roti and daal and anda burji in the hotel in Pelling (cooked by the manager-cook-room boy).


This small town has a population of I think some 4000. And it looked more or less deserted when we were roaming around the small town. And the best thing about Sikkim is that, nobody harasses you unlike other Indian tourist locations. Here you can do your own thing...




Some really innocent looking faces!!!






Yes we had a rocking time!!!

3 comments:

SAJITH SATHYADAS said...

kool.....u never showed these pic`s
anyhow it really shows u guys had a gr8 time
chao

Anonymous said...

you forgot the maggi that we ate as our ar@e was getting frozen waiting for the rains to stop at tsango lake:) It is the best maggi I have ever eaten
~Rohit

Deep said...

Awesome pics dude, especially the waterfall ones. And i like your new template better.