Saturday, April 21, 2007

Penang again...

Well I have not yet been to those sexy beaches they show in the Malaysia Tourism ad...but Penang is definetely beautiful...Thistime I also went to Kedah and it reminded me of Kerala, paddy fields and Coconut trees!!!

The misty mornings in Penang. This time I stayed in the mainland instead of the island.

The Penang bridge as seen from my room...the 6th longest in the world!


The island in all its mystery...beyond the sea, its a different world...

The bridge in the nite...well my camera is not good enough to capture it

Penang is famous for its Indian cuisine. The Penang Nasi Kandar is very famous all over Malaysia...but this is the chinese part of the city where I had some nice chinese food too. This part of the city has the older British buildings!

Then we took the ferry from the island to the mainland. These ferries (like the one shown below) take the vehicles along with the people in it.

It was very windy...
The Penang island skyline...

The bridge in all its glory...


1 comment:

dharmabum said...

beautiful pics, sujith.

from trichy to penang? life's one helluva rooler coaster ride, no? :)

thank you!