Friday, May 12, 2006

100th Post

And I am glad I am writing for a good cause.
This is what Peter Dulvy, says about how this small adventure started...

In November 2005 I attended Robin's wedding in Kerala. Following the ceremony we all went en masse on a backwater boat trip eating south Indian delights and relaxing. Whilst gliding along the tranquil waters I spotted an idyllic towpath at the side of the river shaded by rows of coconut palms. It occurred to me that it would be really amazing to run through such a beautiful place. A few good books and number of months later I awoke on Saturday 11th March 2006 morning to a call from a friend †in Delhi who was there with me in Kerala all those months earlier. She suggested that I should consider following through on my early comments in November and actually go running in India.
So here I am on the eve of our departure for Delhi where we will be launching the run with the kind support of a Reebok, the Indian Tourism Office in London and Intrepid Travel. From Delhi we will fly to Cochin to arrive on the morning of the 30th. It's a drive north to Kazaragod and a good nights sleep. Somewhere between 4.30 - 5am (mid night UK time) myself Rahul and Dez will awake from sleep with a feeling in our bellies marking the realisation that the wildest plans can actually come fruition. It will be a golden moment for all of us to remember for the rest of our lives.
Check out Heels on Fire and their travel blog

2 comments:

bincy said...

Congrats on ur 100th post..

wow that must be so much fun... give us details pinne

Anonymous said...

Like ur new template..