Saturday, February 11, 2006

Notting Hill

Wanted to write something on life in RECT but this movie was playing in TV3. I don’t know how many times I have seen this movie in full as well as in bits and parts. It is not a great movie, but it is one movie which makes you feel good, atleast some parts of the movie do.

If you look at the story this is like a guy’s fantasy come true. A famous actress, chance meeting and happenings, she finds happiness in your simple life and friends, comes over to stay at your place, misunderstands you, goes away, she comes back into his life, she dismisses him, she comes back and he dismisses and finally a climatic ending.

“Aint no sunshine when she’s gone…” is one beautifully picturised song. Hugh Grant plays the loser guy and with his loser friends in a completely loser life and he is not unhappy running the “Travel Book Company”. If something like this were to happen to me, then I would wish the actress to be Julia Roberts itself. She is too cute and her smile is just amazing.

Some of the dialogues towards the end are pretty neat.
“I am fairly level headed bloke…”
“Can I say no to you?”
“I live in Notting Hill…you in Beverly hills. The whole world knows your name and my mother has trouble remembering my name…”

And Julia Roberts with the amazing smile in between a heavily emotional voice says something like…“I am a girl, standing in front of a boy asking him to love her.”
Well I should say lucky bloke Hugh Grant!

2 comments:

Mind Curry said...

notting hill is one of my favs too..seen it more than 20 times end to end. yeah the greatness of that movie lies in its simplicity. and hugh grant is an awesome actor.

Anonymous said...

Well someone is getting Senti here ??
And Sujith are you hinting something !!

Well I liked Julia Roberts in this and this film only !!

A nice watch though !!

¬Goa