Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Of Tags and Girls

Well personally I don’t like Tags. I think it’s the blogs version of a forward mail or spam! Now why would anybody tag others?

Coz they don’t have anything else to write

Coz they want to know something which the blogger never touches upon

Coz of the human tendency of curiosity

Coz you want to know the opinion of your blogger on this specific topic

Coz you want to show others that you have ten bloggers to tag and passively ask, how many do you have?

So I won’t continue the tag.

But, I have been reading some blogs and I have seen this particular tag being written about by guys as well as girls. I couldn’t resist but make a few comments on certain blogs.

Now since it is about the opposite sex and writing how you want your partner to be. I find the girls to be too ideal. Ok, my friends have been mostly guys and very few girls. My group of friends in Engineering as well as MBA has been a circle of guys who had minimum interaction with girls. Well, we never thought that was important. It was quite normal. We would notice the attractive ones, through nudges and eye talk. Though I used to screw up the clock positions (you know the 6’o’clock and 10’o’clock thing), that was a good methodology adopted by guys in general. Booze and movies, watching friends and movies in crowded rooms, playing footer volley and sleeping without taking baths, sometimes more than 2-3 guys in single rooms was very normal.

So coming back to the point, the wish list that I have seen in blogs of some of the girls (I think I have seen 2-3, I know that’s not a good number to make an assumption, but I am not making an assumption, I am just giving my point of view, I guess that’s the reason I signed up for this blog). Here is my take on some of the comments by these girls

Most of them want us to be sensitive!

Ouch! Well I find silence and indifference to be the most common quality in guys I know. It is not that I always knew the happening guys, but it is quite natural for us to react to the same situation in 2 different ways/emotions at two different point of time. Ok you want to know the reason, very simple, I don’t know. Yes some football/cricket matches make us emotional. Yes we cry but it would be nice if you don’t point it out to us and just let it pass as normal.

I want my guy to be funny!

Yes marry a circus clown then. Better still Shekhar Suman/ Siddhu/Cyrus Broacha. Give us a break, all of us are not funny all the time. It is like sachin’s form, brilliant sometimes, forgettable otherwise. Take us the way we are. If on one holiday you had him cracking a lot of jokes then maybe next time you would find him silent. Reason – Well I was enjoying the drive, nice landscape. So was silent in the entire trip. Now how in the world can that mean that I am upset about something? Maybe one beer or one cigarette can set things on fire again.

I want my guy to be rich and have a car etc!

One of the DJs here made a remake of one of the popular numbers “Don’t you wish your boyfriend was fat as me, don’t you wish your boyfriend had more money” I think he was echoing the thoughts of girls in general. You know what, when you are brought up the hard way, make your own way through the jungles of entrance exams and campus placements earn enough to buy a car, you think I would like to give you a ride just coz you were looking out for a prince charming to drive you around in a Ferrari. I would rather get couple of friends and hit the highway.

Not snore!

Oh c’mon. So what if we snore. I know a lot of girls who wouldn’t mind this particular phenomenon in guys. They too just fall fast asleep, as soon as they hit the sack. If you girls keep a condition of snoring, the subset formed from the superset of studs would be alarmingly small, believe me.

Now, here is a list of clarifications from us guys…

  1. Yes we can forget certain important dates and anniversaries. But we don’t get late for our appointments, rather we try to be on time.
  2. No we don’t sleep with every girl we think looks attractive. Do you think girls are that easy!!! If you do, you are stupid.
  3. Ya so what if we find other girls to be attractive. Some girls have good legs, others good lips, some of them have a good smile. We do admit that we are not Tom Hanks.
  4. Football matches are of 90 minutes, which can go overtime by 3-4 minutes. There are 11 players in each team and the best matches are played in Europe, so there is a time difference, hence most of the matches are either prime time (so please excuse us from using the remote) or late nite (the crowds are noisy and it is boring watching in mute).
  5. Boozing once a week doesn’t make you a drunkard. Beer is after all Barley water. I do agree that too much of anything is bad for health aswell as family life.
  6. I think however tough a guy is from the outside, he will have a soft corner somewhere inside. Remember, even Federer cried…

Yes I have a car but I don’t drive, hope she will drive!

Yes I snore and hope she doesn’t mind!

Khudahafis!!!

4 comments:

freespirit said...

wowowo!sensitive aren't we! And touchy too....*tsk tsk*

And btw, did u read my comment on your malaysian snippets blog? Do u realise we are neighbours?

Anonymous said...

Dude I like this post of yours !!

Females would never understand football or anything !!

yesbob said...

dude : I think effort invested in the snoring thing would be worthwhile ...

yesbob said...

and I forgot to add .. good post, me likey !!!