Sunday, February 26, 2006

RDB

There is no point on cribbing about our system, unless you want to participate in the cleansing of it. One of my friends quit his job and joined a NGO and is doing something he preached, unlike most of us (including me), who say and write but when it comes to action...not yet there. The last time I was complaining of the Political class and their corruptuion, he said, dont sit in KL and pass comments, come here and start or join something which fights them.

There are lot of issues why we/I cannot jump into this. I cannot afford to leave a good job/pay and start something, which might not even get me one square meal a day. Our parents/family depend on us to see them through the rest of their lives. I think these are reasons good enough for us to not step into something like this.

Our time will come...maybe after 10-15 years...I still remember our NTSE camp in Thrissur in 1995, where during the course of some studies and lot of fun, I met up with some really strong characters. I do not know what those guys are doing now. One guy whom I cant forget is, Arvind Menon. I guess my memory is good enough for me to remember names. He went to the stage and made a very strong speech, which impressed one and all. We (some of us from KV Pattom) were talking of general stuff and decided to form a party called People's Party of Kerala. Well, now when I look back, I think we should have started it. I dont have any clue where this guy is now. He was from Cochin. I am sure Bala must have some idea on his whereabouts!!!

Inquilab Zindabad! India needs a second revolution to cleanse the corrupt political class...

1 comment:

Bala said...

Yep.. remember Aravind's speech very well.. i think he is currently doing his MD @ TVM Medical College.. his mail id is aravindmenon@gmail.com